Basic Need Fund
Due to your generosity, the Autism Society Inland Empire has provided food to over 1100 people and distributed almost 225,000 masks in our local community.
The Autism Society Inland Empire started an Emergency Basic Need fund to distribute food and masks to our most vulnerable families in a safe and effective manner.
COVID-19 affects all families. The stress and anxiety for Californians in general including the loss of income, frustration with schooling at home, and the fear of getting sick. However, individuals and families with loved ones with autism or other developmental disorders frequently have additional stressors in the household including:
- an increase of significant behaviors
- the inability to follow safety protocols
- individuals who because of medical, sensory or behavioral needs can not access generic services like school lunches or food banks
- the closing of medically necessary therapies and the decrease in crucial in-home support services such as IHSS, supported living
services and those services that require direct support assistance.
- Additionally, individuals with ID/DD are at a higher risk of serious illness due to COVID-19 compared to the
Addressing Food Insecurity
Drive Thru Resource Events
Access to Technology