1. Social Interactions are a challenge: Making eye contact, reading body language, and making and maintaining friendships may not come easily to you.
2. You can’t function without common routines: You may have a specific way of doing things and feel distressed or unable to accomplish anything if your routine is disrupted.
3. Sensory sensitivities are a thing: You may be super sensitive to certain stimuli such as light, sound, touch, and smell. Certain sounds or lights can even cause pain.
4. You are super focused on a handful of interests: You may be super passionate about a specific topic, to the point where it becomes the focus of your conversations or thoughts, some may even say to the point of obsession. For certain professions, this can be a really good thing.
5. Dealing with change messes up your entire day: Dealing with change, whether it’s going from one task to another or handling unexpected events, may be a challenge for you.