There are an estimated 5,437,988 (2.21%) adults in the United States with ASD (CDC 2020). The service systems for adults are dramatically different than those in the schools. For many families, it seems like you are starting over.
The Autism Society Inland Empire works to build a community where individuals and families living with autism are able to maximize their quality of life, are treated with the highest level of dignity, and live in a society in which their talents and skills are appreciated and valued.
What this means for us is….
All individuals with autism have the highest quality of life.
- Individuals with autism are honored and respected.
- Individuals with autism are included in the community.
- Individuals with autism feel safe.
- Individuals with autism have meaningful employment.
- Individuals with autism feel empowered to achieve their aspirations.
We have provided a link below to some resources for adults with autism and the people who support them, to help them understand their rights, resources and opportunities for adults, and information on how to navigate the systems.
The Autism Society Inland Empire also has Resource Specialists available by phone or email to help you on these topics. You can reach us at (951) 220-6922 or email@example.com