Educational Assessments2024-02-18T01:09:13-08:00

An evaluation can help you learn more about your child’s needs. When the evaluation takes place outside of school, it’s called an “outside” or “private” evaluation. Sometimes a school will pay for a private evaluation—that’s when you’ll hear the term “independent educational evaluation (IEE).”

A private evaluation is an evaluation by a professional not working for your child’s school.  Because you pay for this evaluation, you have complete control over a private evaluation. You can choose which type of testing to have done. You can also choose the person who does the testing. The evaluation can be comprehensive or just focused on a single issue, and you can choose if you want to disclose the results to the school or other parties.

For an IEE, the school will usually agree to pay in cases where an outside evaluation is clearly needed, including when the school doesn’t have the staff needed to do the testing that your child needs; when the school’s evaluation team thinks outside testing is needed; or if you don’t agree with the results of a school’s evaluation, you have the right ask for what’s called an IEE at public expense  – which means the school pays for it.  The school will often give you a list of names to chose from, but you do not have to pick from that list.  It does help if the person you choose is already a Non Public Agency through the school district.

kid taking assessment
Assessment, Counseling, and Educational Solutions LLC (ACES LLC)
(951)-377 6191
Serving all of Inland Empire and surrounding Counties, students with ages ranging from 3yo – young adults. ACES is a cornerstone for comprehensive educational assessments and SPED support services. The ACES expertise has taken the team beyond statelines to provide their exceptional and thorough evaluations that help special education students feel heard and get their educational needs met. If you’re looking for second opinion IEEs, FBAs, ERICS/ERMHS, transition assessments, gifted and talent evaluations, or speech and language evaluations, ACES is your proven partner.

Briese Learning Experience
37501 Windsor Court, Murrieta
(951) 461-9364
Licensed Educational Psychologist administers psychoeducational evaluations, offers counseling, mentoring and consultation.

Autism Society Options Policy

This Resource Guide was developed to provide families and professionals with an opportunity to find resources related to autism in the Inland Empire in one place.

All information provided or published by the Autism Society Inland Empire is for information purposes only. Specific treatment, therapy or services should be provided to an individual only at the direction of the individual’s doctor, caregiver, or other qualified professional. References to any treatment or therapy option, program, service, or treatment provider are not an endorsement by the Autism Society. References of treatments, therapies, programs, services, and/or providers are not intended to be comprehensive statements. You should investigate alternatives that may be more appropriate for a specific individual. The Autism Society assumes no responsibility for the use made of any information published or provided. The Autism Society Inland Empire provides information, but it does not constitute medical or legal information. Referrals provided are suggestions to organizations that might help, but do not constitute a recommendation. The Autism Society Inland Empire cannot be held responsible for consequences that arise from individual dealings with a professional or organization. The inclusion of any organization does not imply endorsement, and omission does not imply disapproval. The Autism Society Inland Empire may add or remove organizations from this list at its discretion.

Contact Info

420 N McKinley, Suite 111-118 Corona CA 92879 79405 Hwy 111 Ste 9-184 La Quinta, CA 92253

Phone: (951) 220-6922

Fax: 458 761-9562

Web: Autism Society Inland Empire

Recent Posts

Go to Top